Presidency University Journal (PUJ)
Aims and Scope
Presidency University Journal is a publication of the Presidency University at Bangladesh. This printed journal publishes original, empirical and innovation materials in functional and support areas of multidisciplinary subjects such as Information and Communication Technology, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Electrical and Telecommunication Engineering, Architecture, Business, Economics, Literature, Education and Law etc. It is primarily devoted to the extension and further development and dissemination of knowledge in the field of education for the benefit of academics as well as practicing enterprise managers as well as entrepreneurs. The Journal has obtained International Standard Serial Number (ISSN) 2224-7610. PUJ is a blind refereed journal. The journal is indexed by ulrich directory and cabell's directory of USA.
Within the boundary of the above-mentioned aims and scope, the journal covers a wide area of interest in the multidisciplinary subjects. In the backdrop of global scenario local, regional and global issues are picked up on a systematic manner to help develop the insight into the managerial and engineering practices and theoretical underpinnings. The write-ups are expected to be from local as well as International authors.
The copyright of the paper which will be published in the journal will be reserved by PUJ.
Frequency of Publication
The journal will be published in English Twice a year in the month of January and July. PUJ is available at the Administrative office, Presidency University. The January issue will be devoted to Business, Arts and Social Sciences and the July issue will be based on Science and Engineering. A letter of acknowledgement will be sent to the author(s) upon receiving the paper, and regarding the decision of the editorial board after two blind referees comments are received.
Business, Arts and Social Sciences related articles-Part: A
All queries should be addressed related to Business, Arts and Social Sciences to Professor Muhammad Mahaboob Ali, PhD, Chief Editor, PUJ, Presidency University, House # 11/A, Road # 92, Gulshan-2, Dhaka-1212. E-mail: <firstname.lastname@example.org> or editorial assistant Mr. Arpito Sangma: <email@example.com>.
Science and Engineering related articles- Part: B
All queries should be addressed related to Science and Engineering articles to Professor Tapan Kumar Chakraborty, PhD, Executive Editor, PUJ, Presidency University, 10, Kemal Ataturk Avenue, Banani, Dhaka-1213. E-mail: <firstname.lastname@example.org>, or Editorial Assistant Mr. Arpito Sangma: <email@example.com>.
Notes to contributions
1. The responsibility for opinions in signed articles, studies and other contributions rest entirely on their authors and publication does not necessarily constitute endorsement of the same by PUJ.
2. Manuscript submitted for publication must be original. If a paper contains material reproduced from other sources, it must be acknowledged or necessary permission should be submitted with the paper.
3. At least two copies of the manuscripts, along with a copy in the compact disk (CD), and data, sources of data and regression results (where applicable) should be submitted for consideration to the editorial board. Papers submitted for consideration must be typed in A4 size offset paper. In preparing manuscript using Time News Roman with 11 font must be used. The manuscripts should be typed, double-spaced throughout (except the abstract) with wide (default) margins, printed on one side of the paper only. In case of sending article through e-mail or CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, it may be sent in MS Word 2003 version (or higher version) file.
4. Tables and figures should be placed on separate sheet with an indication for inserting table/figures in the text as to their appropriate placement. Tables and figures should be numbered consecutively.
5. Normally, papers submitted for consideration should be restricted to 15-20 typed pages (including annexes and references). The pages should be numbered consecutively.
6. The paper should have a title page containing the title of the paper, name of the author, mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address. Incase of joint authorship, correspondence will be made to the first name author only unless otherwise indicated. The first page of the submitted paper should also contain single-spaced abstract of the paper not exceeding 200 words. After abstract keyword should be given and JEL classifications may be mentioned, if applicable.
7. The second page of the submitted paper should also contain the title. The paper should be divided into sections and subsections to aid smooth reading. Section headings should be held in all capital letters while subsections should be hold upper lower cases.
8. Footnotes should be avoided as far as possible. Essential notes should be numbered consecutively in the text and grouped together at the end in an annexure. Equations should be referenced by consecutive numbering throughout the text, on the right hand side of the page, using (1), (2) etc.
9. PUJ will follow the Harvard system of referencing. All references in the text to an article should be author’s last name and year of publication as shown below:
Hossain (2011) states that.......
10. The growth of publication indicates a tapering of effect (Hossain, 2011).
11. All articles (papers) intended for publication should be sent to the following address:
i) Chief Editor
Professor Muhammad Mahaboob Ali, PhD.
Presidency University Journal
House # 11/A, Road # 92, Gulshan-2, Dhaka-1212, Bangladesh.
ii) Executive Editor (Related to Science and Engineering):
Professor Tapan Kumar Chakraborty, PhD.
Presidency University Journal
10 Kemal Ataturk Avenue, Banani, Dhaka-1213, Bangladesh.
12. Style of References:
12.1 Journal Article:
Sufian, F and Habibullah, MS (2009), ‘Bank specific and Macroeconomic determinants of bank profitability: empirical evidence from the China banking sector’, Frontiers of Economics in China, Vol.4, No. 2, pp.274–291.
Thanassoulis, E (2001), Introduction to the Theory and Application of Data Envelopment Analysis: A Foundation Text with Integrated Software, Boston, Kluwer Academic Publishers, pp301-302.
12.3 Book Chapter:
Demirguc-Kunt, A and Huizinga, H (2001), ‘Financial structure and bank profitability’, in Demirguc-Kunt, A and Levine, R (Editors), Financial Structure and Economic Growth: A Cross Country Comparison of Banks, Markets and Development, MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, pp.243–262.
Editorial Board of the PU Journal
Professor Muhammad Mahboob Ali, PhD
Vice Chancellor, Presidency University
Editorial Board Members
1. Professor Rubina Khan, PhD, Department of English, University of Dhaka
2. Professor M.M. Shahidul Hassan, PhD, Department of EEE, BUET
3. Professor Tapan Kumar Chakraborty, PhD, Dean, Azimur Rahman School of Engineering and Head, Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Executive Editor
4. Dr. Md. Ataur Rahman, Professor and Head, Department of Civil Engineering, - Member
5. Mr. Shibli Ahmed Khan, Assistant Professor and Head, Samsul Alamin School of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences - Member
1. Professor Mahbub Ahmed, Department of Accounting and Information System, University of Dhaka.
2. Professor Anwar Hossain, PhD, Vice Chancellor, Southeast University, Dhaka.
3. Dr. Victoria Wise, Associate Professor, Deakin Business School, Australia.
4. Professor Alamgir Habib, PhD, Department of Civil Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology.
5. Professor Fakrul Alam, PhD, Department of English, University of Dhaka.
6. Professor S.P. Majumder, Dean, Faculty of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology.
7. Professor Anisul M. Islam, PhD, University of Houston-Downtown, USA
8. Professor Mahmood Osman Imam, PhD, Dept. of Finance, University of Dhaka.
9. Professor Razia Begum, PhD, Dept. of Marketing, University of Dhaka
10. Professor Dilip Patel, PhD, Professor of Information Systems and Pro Dean External, London South Bank University, UK
11. Professor Hai Jin, PhD, Dean, School of Computer Science and Technology Huazhong University Science and Technology, China.
12. Professor Md.Amir Hossain,PhD, Dean, Faculty of Social Sciences and Chairman, Dept. of Economics, Jahangirnagar University.
13. Dr. Chu V. Nguyen, Assistant Professor of Economics, University of Houston-Downtown, USA.
14. Prof. Maniruzzaman, PhD, Dept. of English, Jahangirnagar University.
15. Prof. Hafiz Md. Hasan Babu ,PhD, Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Dhaka.
16.Dr. Parul Khanna, Professor, Dean R&D, Institute of Management & Technology, Faridabad, India.
17. Ms. Anita Medhekar, Senior Lecturer ,Central Queensland University, Australia.
1.Md. Jamal Hossain,Assistant Professor, Department of English, Presidency University.
2.Rehana Parvin , Assistant Professor, School of Business, Presidency University
3. Mr. Sharuk Osman, Lecturer, Department of EEE, Presidency University
4. Nowreen Keya, Lecturer, Department of Civil Engineering, Presidency University
Published by : Ms. Rashida Akhter, Registrar In-charge, Presidency University
Copy write : Presidency University, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Price : BDT 300, US$ 50