Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What Undergraduate programs does Presidency University offer? How many credits do I have to complete per program?
The available Undergraduate programs with credits are as follows:
- BBA – 123 Credits
- BSc in CE-146 Credits
- BSc in CE-131 Credits (For diploma holders)
- BSc in CSE – 139 Credits
- BSc in CSE – 126 Credits (For diploma holders)
- BSc in EEE – 140 Credits
- BSc in EEE – 127 Credits (For diploma holders)
- BSc in ETE-138 Credits
- BSc in ETE-125 Credits (For diploma holders)
- BSS in Economics - 120 Credits
- BA in English - 120 Credits
2. What Postgraduate programs does Presidency University offer? How many credits do I have to complete per program?
The available Postgraduate programs with credits are as follows:
- MBA (regular) - 60 Credits
- MBA (Executive) - 45 Credits
- MSS in Economics - 30 Credits
- MA in English Language Teaching (ELT) - 36 Credits
- MA in English Language Teaching (ELT) - 36 Credits (For English Graduates)
- MA in English Language Teaching (ELT) - 48 Credits (For other Graduates except BA in English)
- MA in English Language Teaching (ELT) - 60 Credits (For Graduates in Pass Course)
3. For further information regarding Admission who should I contact?
The admission information is available in PU website (www.pu.edu.bd).
For more queries, please contact the Admission Office, both Gulshan and Baridhara Campus. Phone: (02)-55052194-9, (02)-8831840, (02)-8831853, (02)-8831891, (02)-9899037, (02)-9899049. You can also send e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. How many semesters are offered yearly at PU and when do they start?
PU offers 3 semesters a year: Spring, Summer & Fall, and this start in January, May & September respectively.
5. Some key points for the applicants:
- For admission applicants can apply both online and in person.
- The application process is the same for both national and international students.
- If applicants make any mistake during filling up their application form and submit it with that error, they are required to send an email immediately at admission@ pu.edu.bd to inform the authority.
- No application fee is applicable for the applicants.
- Applicants can pay their admission application fee , tuition and other fees through-
bKash, Dhaka Bank Ltd.
BRAC Bank Ltd & CDM Machine
6. What documents are needed at the time of admission in case of undergraduate programs?
Required Documents for admission:
- One filled out Application Form (Available at Admission Office).
- 3 copies of recent passport size color photo (studio lab print with white background for ID card).
- Photocopy of all relevant Certificates and Mark Sheets (Intermediate and Secondary Education Boards Bangladesh / International General Certificate of Secondary Education).
- Student's National ID card/ Birth Certificate/ Passport/ Driving License.
- Guardian's National ID card/ Passport/ Driving License/ Employee ID Card.
- For Credit Transfer Official Transcript and Migration Certificate/ No Objection Certificate.
- Showing Original certificate, mark sheets/transcripts, for verification by the officer in charge of admission of PU.
7. How can I get information about Scholarship/Financial Aid in Presidency University?
- Presidency University provides need-based aid that allows us to bring the best students to this university, regardless of their ability to pay. We also provide financial aid and scholarships which are:
- Scholarships based on both academic and merit evaluation of previous result and semester result.
- Scholarship for Freedom Fighter Children.
- Sibling studying together at Presidency University will also get financial aid.
For MORE DETAILs PLEASE VISIT SCHOLARSHIPS & FINANCIAL AID.
8. Does Presidency University accept any credits completed in other educational institution?
Transfer of credits from an educational institution with a system similar to Presidency University may be considered after admission. Such candidates will have to apply with required documents and no more than 50% credit will be accepted when transferred from other universities.
9. Is there any evening class for undergraduate programs?
There are both day and evening classes for undergraduate programs except BBA and BA in English. There is Weekend Program for CE and EEE students.
10. Is there any evening class for postgraduate programs?
All the classes of Post graduate programs are held in the evening. There is Weekend Program for EMBA students.
11. How can I change my department?
- To change department:
- Collect a department change form from the Registrar’s office
- Then both Chairpersons’ (current Department Chairman and desired Department Chairman) signature is needed on the form.
- After that contact the Registrar’s office again for submitting the form.
12. Will PU assist in applying for the visa process in case of international students?
Yes, PU will assist in applying for the visa as needed by a foreign student.
13. Can I take admission before my HSC/A level/Diploma result published?
Though we allow a candidate to get for the admission as an appeared student. On the basis of undertaking that you will not be admitted unless you pass the HSC/A level/Diploma exam and before showing the ultimate HSS/A-level result with minimum GPA required for admission at PU.
14. I have made mistake while putting reference number on bKash payment process. What should I do?
The candidate has to call Mr. Parvez, Accounts department at 01750488911.