Presidency University

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

 Some key points for the applicants:

  • For admission applicants can apply both online and in person.
  • The application process is the same for both national and international students.
  • If applicants make any mistake during filling up their application form and submit it with that error, they are required to send an email immediately at admission@ to inform the authority.
  • No application fee is applicable for the applicants.
  • Applicants can pay their admission application fee, tuition and other fees through-
    bKash, Nagad,Dhaka Bank Ltd.
      BRAC Bank Ltd,NCC Bank & CDM Machine

1. What documents are needed at the time of admission in case of undergraduate programs?

Required Documents for admission:

  • One filled out Application Form (Available at Admission Office).
  • 2 copies of recent passport size color photo (studio lab print with white background for ID card).
  • Photocopy of all relevant Certificates and Mark Sheets (Intermediate and Secondary Education Boards Bangladesh / International General Certificate of Secondary Education).
  • Student's National ID card/ Birth Certificate/ Passport/ Driving License.
  • Guardian's National ID card/ Passport/ Driving License/ Employee ID Card.
  • For Credit Transfer Official Transcript and Migration Certificate/ No Objection Certificate.
  • Showing Original certificate, mark sheets/transcripts, for verification by the officer in charge of admission of PU.

2.  How many semesters are offered yearly at PU and when do they start?

  • PU offers 2 semesters a year: Spring and Fall, and this start in January and July respectively.

3. How can I get information about Scholarship/Financial Aid in Presidency University?

  • Presidency University provides 10% - 100% scholarship and financial aid in various categories.
  • Presidency University provides need-based aid that allows us to bring the best students to this university, regardless of their ability to pay. We also provide financial aid and scholarships which are: 
  • Scholarships based on both academic and merit evaluation of previous results and semester results. 
  • Scholarship for Freedom Fighter Children.
  • Sibling studying together at Presidency University will also get financial aid.
  • We also provide Scholarships for Spouses of PU students, Tribal, Female & Group Admission.



4. Whether the University provides extra-curricular facilities for the students?

  • University has a number of clubs which organizes extra-curricular facilities for the students all year round. These clubs organize various cultural programs on different occasions and also organizes various indoor and outdoor sports competition. Besides these, each Department organizes one daylong Annual Picnic for the students. 

5. Is there any evening class for undergraduate programs?

  • There are both day and evening classes for undergraduate programs except BBA and BA in English. There is Weekend Program for CE and EEE students.

6. Is there any evening class for postgraduate programs?

  • All the classes in Postgraduate programs are held in the evening. There is Weekend Program for EMBA students.


7. Is there any part-time job available for University students?

  • University does provide part-time jobs with good hourly-based salary policy to the University students depending on their potential and capability. 


8. Can I take admission before my HSC/A level/Diploma result is published?

  • Diploma Students can get admitted before publishing the results with course completion certificates. Students who want to get admitted before publishing the result (in case of HSC/ A level) can get admitted with their registration cards & Admit Card but may face some obligations applied by the Ministry of Education.

9. Does Presidency University accept any credits completed in other educational institutions?

  • Transfer of credits from an educational institution with a system similar to Presidency University may be considered after admission. Such candidates will have to apply with the required documents and no more than 50% credit will be accepted when transferred from other universities.

10. How can I change my department?

  • To change department:
  • Collect a department change form from the Registrar’s office
  • Then both Chairpersons’ (current Department Chairman and desired Department Chairman) signature is needed on the form.
  • After that contact the Registrar’s office again for submitting the form.


11. Will PU assist in applying for the visa process in case of international students?

  • Yes, PU will assist in applying for the visa as needed by a foreign student. 

12. For further information regarding Admission who should I contact?